Environmental - Policy Statement
Based in the Test Valley, near Romsey Hampshire, we operate throughout the South of England and offer a total construction service from cost planning potential schemes through to the design, build and handover of a range of construction projects.
Reside take their environmental responsibilities very seriously and realise that they can make a positive impact to the surrounding environment. We consider it an enjoyable challenge believing that acting in a socially and environmentally competent way will be for the greater good, not only for Reside in terms of obligation but for the whole environment.
Reside will, as a minimum, comply with environmental legislation and rules and target to perform beyond them and commit to the following: -
* To motivate those involved with the build process and commit to provide training to educate and promote knowledge on environment and sustainability throughout the whole Reside team
* Involve the whole team and be proactive in reducing carbon emissions and consider the environmental impact as a key part of our decision-making process
* Commit to setting environmental objectives
* To continually seek out innovative ideas that show potential for the greater good of the environment and help our company adapt to the effects of climate change
* Regulate and use our natural resources efficiently such as water, fuel and materials through the buildings we construct
* Liaise closely with our supply chain and sub-contractors to maximize our environmental performance
* Prevent pollution such as noise, dust, waste. Have correct measures in place for storage of hazardous materials on site and have emergency measures in place to deal with incidents
* Communicate with our neighbours to minimize nuisance and inconvenience
* Comply with the Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs) in reducing waste to a minimum and recycle when at all possible.
Carry out and provide yearly reviews to measure our performance and implement continual improvement if possible.