Health & Safety Policy Statement
STATEMENT OF GENERAL POLICY ON HEALTH AND SAFETY
Based in the Test Valley, near Romsey Hampshire, we operate throughout the South of England and offer a total construction service from cost planning potential schemes through to the design, build and handover of a range of construction projects.
Reside Construction Ltd is committed to meeting its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. This policy statement and the health, safety and welfare documentation sets out the company’s obligations.
Employees will be required to participate in consultation with Reside Construction Ltd with regards their personal safety.
Reside Construction Ltd will communicate the health, safety and welfare policy to all employees and it will be freely available to clients, shareholders, the general public and other interested parties.
Reside Construction Ltd will be responsible for:
* Meeting its responsibilities as an employer to do all that is reasonably practicable to prevent accidents, injuries and damage to health.
* Providing and maintaining a safe working environment that is without risk to health, safety and welfare. Limiting adverse effects on and adjacent to the area in which Reside Construction Ltd activities are being carried out.
* Ensuring all employees play an active role in the health, safety and welfare of the company by providing training, advice and supervision to enable them to carry out their duties without risk of injury to themselves and others and without damage to property, plant and equipment.
* Setting standards that comply with the relevant statutory requirements relating to health, safety and welfare concerning employees, subcontractors, visitors and the general public.
* Ensuring hazardous substances used in the workplace are identified, handled, stored, transported and used in a safe manner.
* Ensuring employees using plant and machinery have adequate guidance, instruction, and training, operated safely and stored in a safe manner.
* Providing adequate resources to comply with statutory requirements with regards to health, safety and welfare of all those affected by Reside Construction Ltd activities.
* Setting, measuring and monitoring OH & S Objectives in order to continuously improve its performance of the OH & S management system.
The policy statement will be reviewed annually as part of the management system reviewed, to ensure Reside Construction Ltd is working to all current legislation and best practice. The Operational Director is responsible for health, safety and welfare performance of the company and signs this policy statement in acknowledgement of this.